Wednesday, October 14, 2015
City of Bogo, National Finalist to the 4th eGov Awards for LGU
The City Government of Bogo was chosen as one of the Finalists for Excellence in ICT for Good Governance Awards or eGOV Awards for LGUs for 2015.
This eGov Awards is organized and made possible by the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP), in partnership with the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Cyber City Teleservices Philippines Inc. (CCTP).
This was first lunch in 2012 and the late DILG Sec. Jesse Robredo was one of those who helped initiate it. In fact, the first awarding ceremony was named the Jesse Robredo Awards for Excellence in ICT for Good Governance in his honor and for his exemplary work as a local public servant in integrating ICT as part of good governance strategies.
According to the website www.ulap.net.ph, the eGov Awards is the first and most prestigious recognition to be given by the ICT sector to LGUs with exemplary performance in empowering its Public Customers and Business. It is an annual search for best practices in local government units in utilizing information and communications technology (ICT) to effectively and efficiently deliver its public services directly to its constituents and to its business stakeholders.
It was developed as a strategic approach to stimulate the country’s e-governance, particularly in LGU level to enable LGUs to become catalysts of change and index models of development anchored in the Philippine Digital Strategy (PDS), the Philippine ICT Roadmap 2011-2016.
The objectives of the eGov Awards are the following:
1. To encourage the effective and efficient utilization of information and communications technology (ICT) in the delivery of services and performance of the duties and responsibilities by local government units (LGUs).
2. To commend, collate and document best practices of LGUs in integrating ICT in their processes to serve as example and benchmarks to other LGU’s.
3. To improve the business ecosystem of the LGUs and motivate the private and business sector to actively participate and/or invest in the growth of the LGU’s .
4. To promote transparency in governance.
The awards aim to recognize two (2) major responsibilities of government:
1. The Best in eGov Customer Empowerment (G2C) Award - This category recognizes the measurable effect of an LGU’s outstanding practices in applying ICT solutions in the education and engagement of the public in the use of electronic facilities/channels towards providing improved, timely and relevant delivery of public services.
2. The Best in eGov Business Empowerment (G2B) Award - This category awards the significant effect of an LGUs laudable practices in integrating ICT solutions and the commitment of its administration in the bureau’s responsiveness to the needs of business enterprises, thereby creating business opportunities.
The complete list of LGU finalist are Quezon City, Marikina City, Muntinlupa City, Valenzuela City, San Mateo Rizal, Cavite, Pulilan Bulacan, Province of Iloilo, Bogo City Cebu, Cebu City, San Fernando La Union, Mlang Cotabato, Province of Leyte and Compostela Valley.
The announcement of winners will be on October 24, 2015, at The Oriental Legazpi, Legazpi City, Albay - the second day of the 2015 National ICT Summit organized by the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP).